Thank you for circulating petitions to help make sure Leanne is on the ballot this year! See below for instructions and click here to download our petition! Petitions must be printed two-sided, “head-to-head” (like flipping pages of a book).
DO NOT BEGIN CIRCULATING PETITIONS UNTIL TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 13, 2018.
- Who can sign and circulate nomination petitions? While we will rely mostly on in-district circulators, the law does now allow registered Pennsylvania Democrats who do not live in the 161st District to circulate our petitions. Signers, of course, must live and be registered in the district.
- Nomination petitions may not be circulated earlier than Tuesday, February 13, 2018 and not later than Tuesday, March 6, 2018.
- All signers must be registered Democratic voters and fill in their complete, correct name as it appears on the street list and voter registration card. Initials, in particular, should be avoided.
- DITTO MARKS ARE FORBIDDEN
- Use the full name of the MUNICIPALITY, NOT POST OFFICE. [if applicable, see supplemental sheet] Example 1: If you live in Wallingford, the correct municipality is Nether Providence. DO NOT use Wallingford, Media, etc., which are all examples of towns, NOT municipalities.
- ALL signers must complete the FULL line on their own. DO NOT fill in any information on the petition for the signer, or allow anyone else to do so. Use an ink pen, BLUE OR BLACK, and not pencil.
- Make sure that signers complete the line by filling in the date of signing, and not their ZIP code.
- The circulator’s affidavit on each petition page must be signed and NOTARIZED AFTER circulation. Notaries are no longer required to use the embossed impression; their stamp is sufficient. DO NOT complete this section until you are in front of a NOTARY.
- Questions? Call Delco Dems: (610) 566-6427.
Free notaries will be provided at our petition party in Brookhaven on February 24th (4-5:30 pm) and on Sunday, March 4, 2018, at Delco Dems Headquarters (104 Gayley Street, Media) from 1 to 5 pm.